- Customers are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Order of importance is based on: (1) the date your pre-payment is received; (2) the date ALL your materials have been received; (3) the date which you inquired and then commited to our services. Customers will not be scheduled until a pre-payment is made, and all materials are received.
- Naturally, if enough time lapses between an initial inquiry and the pre-payment, the original start-date referenced may no longer be available.
- All start-dates are tentative, however, we will always do our best to stay on schedule.
- Send us your materials early. We may have an unexpected opening in our schedule
when we could begin work early (sometimes by as much as several weeks) on
- The overall design of your website is largely based on the materials/content (text and
photos) you provide us. We will start work
on your wesbite ONLY after we receive ALL your materials and specifications.
- It is important that you provide us with all your materials and specifications
before arriving at the scheduled date to begin work on your site. If we do not have all your text and photos by that time, we may have to re-schedule you for a later date.
- Additions or changes (including text editing) to materials/content (text and photos)
provided by a customer after work begins on their website may require additional fees.
- Updates or changes to your site may always be added after it is completed, but will incur
additional fees at an hourly rate.
- An additional $30 fee will be applied to all returned checks.
- As a general guideline, we define a "page" as any single HTML file or Flash frame containing up to the maximum amount of text that may be printed on a single page (8.5 X 11) using single-spaced, Arial font, size 10. There is some flexibility, but pages which are substantially longer may require additional fees (and load more slowly).
- Photos & Logos are normally limited to 25 per individual page. Additional photos & Logos may be added to the same page for additional fees.
- Forms are limited to 1 form per page. Additional forms may be added to the same page for additional fees.
- Forms are normally limited to 20 fields. Additional fields may be added to the same form for additional fees.
- Favicons, Copy Protection, copies of your site on CD are not included in the prices for basic website design. These services are associated with additional fees.
- We currently accept checks, money orders, and credit cards (via PayPal).
- Please, no counter checks. Checks MUST included a name and current address clearly printed at the top.
- An additional $30 fee will be applied to all returned checks AND reversed electronic payments.
- Customers who do not have offices in North America will need to pay via
www.PayPal.com in most
cases. Under these circumstances, you will need to sign up for a free account
with PayPal as soon as possible because it can take several days (at least)
for International PayPal accounts to be finalized.
- No refunds will be given after scheduled work has begun (unless we agree that you have over-payed for a service).
- Worlds by Design does not support, endorse or send SPAM (unsolicited commercial email).
- We only send business-related emails to individuals who have specifically requested information about our services.
- We may provide current or prospective customers (individuals who have requested information or price quotes/bids on projects) with occasional email updates if the information we originally provided becomes outdated.
- Current and prospective customers may decline to receive future updated information at any time by indicating via email that they are no longer interested in our services.
- We do not share current or prospective customer's contact information with third parties, without permission.
- It is the clients sole responsibility to secure permission (and provide proof
of permission) to reprint text or graphics from a third party. We accept no
liablity whatsoever for materials (text, photos, logos or other files) provided
by a client that appear in their website.
- These policies may be modified or changed at any time without notice. Always refer to this page for the most current policies and standards.
- Our customers are located around the globe. For that reason, email is our primary and preferred means of communication.
Please be sure to check your emails often (at least twice a day), and reply to communications as quickly as possible.
- If you have a particular style, color scheme, mood, etc. in mind for your website, please be sure to specify that before work begins. Feel free to send us a link to a site you like (if you want something similar) a list of ideas, or even a rough sketch. None of this is required, but if you already have something in mind, it helps us to serve you better if you inform us early-on.
- If you would like corrections or modifications made to your website during the design process, please be as specific as possible to help us serve you quickly.
- Prices quoted for website design do NOT normally cover text editing (correcting grammar, spelling, etc.). It is expected that customers will edit their text before submitting it to us. We can provide this service-however, reasonable fees will accompany this service.
- When later requesting updates to your finished website, please inform us if
you have made updates to your site on your own. Otherwise
we will use the original site we have on file, and you may
lose any independant changes that you have made.
- The customer will not make any updates to an existing website that Worlds by Design is currently upgrading until after the site is finished and turned over to the customer. If the customer disregards this agreement, Worlds by Design is not responsible for the lass of data or materials that may result by the customers action.
- If at any time you experience anomolies while viewing your site, please tell us the browser type (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.), version number, and operating system (Windows XP/Vista, Macintosh, etc.) that you are using.
- We do not re-use photos or graphics provided by customers (unless they reside in the public domain or may be purchased from a third party) in projects for different customers, without their consent.
- Worlds by Design does not provide customers or other designers with "source files," which include Flash FLA format, and native formats of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- There are often similarities between multiple websites designed by Worlds by Design or other sites on the web. However, it is always our endeavor to strive for uniqueness. We've made more than 70 pet sitter websites, so naturally certain features and design components are very popular and may appear repeatedly in a number of websites. Such similarities are NOT grounds for a refund or any tangible compensation to the customer.
- Our Customers assume ALL responsibility and liability for the materials they provide (text and photos). It is the customer's responsibility to make sure they have written permission for all reprinted materials, and that they are otherwise the author of the materials they provide.
- In the event that we use stock photos or materials in the public domain for use in a customer's website, the customer maintains no copyright or right to use the items exclusively. We reserve the right to reuse stock photos or public domain items in the development of sites or materials for additional customers.
- Customers retain copyright of text, photos, logos or other materials that they supply. Worlds by Design retains all copyrights to the general website design, unless otherwise stated in writing.
- We currently offer free basic listings at www.petsitterportal.com for petsitters and pet-care professionals that are paying customers of Worlds by Design (this includes websites, graphics and logos). This free gift may be discontinued at any time, without notice and without refund. This free gift is not included in or connected to the price paid for website, logo or graphic design.
- We reserve the right to list or display portions of our work for clients
(which includes, but is not limited to: websites, logos or t-shirt designs)
in an online or printed portfolio. We may post or remove examples at our own
discretion. Being a customer of Worlds by Design does not guarantee inclusion
in our portfolio. Customers may indirectly benefit from being listed or linked.
However, this should not be considered as a right or paid-for benefit.
- We may choose to publically display a list of our customers. An example
would include, but may not be limited to: an online list including business
names and website links.
- We will NEVER publically display a customer's phone number, email address or street address without permission.
- If you require absolute confidentiality and do not wish to be identified as a Worlds by Design customer, please let us know.
- We no longer support Netscape Web Browsers.
- As of 2007 Our sites are tested to ensure compatibility for Internet Explorer 6 and higher, as well as the most recent version of Firefox.
- We can support other browsers, such as Safari, but only upon request. Additional fees may apply.